(My sincere thanks to Judy Weber who contributed the following information.)
George Franklin "Frank" Nichols was born December 22, 1844, in Fulton County, Illinois, the son of Edwin F. Nichols and Hester (last name possibly Hyde).
Frank served in Co. K, 151st Reg. Illinois volunteers during the Civil War. He enlisted in February 1865.
George married Caroline Louk on June 28, 1870, at Greenbush, Warren County, Illinois. Caroline Louk was born in Fulton County, Illinois, the daughter of B. F. Louk and Clarinda (last name unknown).
Frank died April 13, 1902, in Michigan Valley, Kansas. He is buried in Valley Brook Cemetery in Michigan Valley.
Children of Frank Nichols and Caroline Louk
1. Wesley Seldon "Sel" Nichols
2. Mettie Clarinda Nichols, m. Jack Crowley
3. William Edgar Nichols, d. in childhood
4. Maudie Bondelle Nichols, d. 1958; m. Charles D. Scoville
5. Donnie Franklin Nichols, d. in childhood