Wilson Clemence Felkins was born about 1806 probably in Fauquier County, Virginia. The 1850 census gives his place of birth as Tennessee and the 1870 census shows he was born in Kentucky. He was the son of John Felkins and Anna (last name unknown).
Wilson married (name unknown) prior to 1828 and produced a son. His wife (name unknown) died prior to 1833.
Wilson then married Malinda Shepard about 1833. Malinda Shepard was born about 1815 in North Carolina.
The 1840 Bledsoe County, Tennessee census, District 4, shows Wilson Felkins and his family living near Malinda's mother, Sarah Shepard. Sarah Shepard was a widow prior to 1840. The census shows Wilson Felkins with one male 30-39; one male 5-9; one two males under 5; one female 20-29; one female 10-14; and two females under 5 years old. Sarah Shepard shows no males; one female 40-49; one female 15-19; and one female 10-14 years of age.
The 1850 Overton County, Tennessee census, 5th District, shows Wilson Felkins, 45, a farmer, born in Tennessee; Malinda, 35; William, 21, a farmer; Hetta, 16; James, 12; John, 11; Thomas, 10; Sarah, 8; Eliza, 4; Willy J., 3; and Bathsheba, 7 months old. Living with the family was Malinda's mother, Sarah Shepard, 58, born in South Carolina.
Prior to 1858 the family moved to Pope County, Arkansas. Wilson's son, John, was married in May 1858 in Pope County.
The 1870 Lawrence County, Arkansas census, Spring River Township, shows Wilson Felkins, 64, a farm laborer with $150 personal property, born in Kentucky; Malinda, 52; Nancy A., 19; Tennessee, 14; and Richardson W., 10 years old. Living with the family was daughter Eliza Howe, 23; John Howe, 6; and Eliza Manwarren, 40. Living next door was son John Felkins and family.
Wilson died about 1881 in Oregon County, Missouri.
Child of Wilson Felkins and Unknown
1. William Felkins, b. abt 1829, TN
Children of Wilson Felkins and Malinda Shepard
2. Hetta Felkins, b. abt 1834, TN
3. James Felkins, b. abt 1838, TN
4. John M. Felkins, b. abt 1839, TN
5. Thomas Felkins, b. abt 1840, TN
6. Sarah Felkins, b. abt 1842, TN
7. Eliza Felkins, b. abt 1846, TN; m. _____ Howe (she appears on the 1870 Lawrence Co, AR census living with her parents -- her son, John Howe, b. abt 1864, IL, is listed with her)
8. Willy J. Felkins, b. abt 1847, TN; m. Nancy M. _____ (they appear on the 1880 Lawrence Co, AR census with 3 children: Alla R., b. abt 1874; Malinda, b. abt 1877; and John P., b. abt 1879 -- also listed with them on the census is Lena N. Felkins, niece, b. abt 1873; William Felkins, nephew, b. abt 1874; and Willy's brother Richard Felkins, b. abt 1860, single -- the children had to belong to brother William, James or Thomas)
9. Bathsheba Felkins, b. abt 1849, TN
10. Nancy A. Felkins, b. abt 1851
11. Tennessee Felkins, b. abt 1856
12. Richardson W. "Richard" Felkins, b. abt 1860