William Thomas Wren, Jr. was born April 1857, in Spencer County, Indiana, the son of William Thomas Wren and his second wife, Allena Overall Hamilton.
William appears on the 1860 Spencer County census with his parents in Luce Township. The census lists him as 4 years old.
William married Eliza L. "Sis" Householder on February 8, 1880, in Spencer County. Eliza Householder was born April 1860, according to the 1900 census.
The 1880 Spencer County census shows William, 23, a farmer, born in Indiana and Eliza, 21, born in Kentucky, father and mother both born in Kentucky. They were living near his parents in Luce Township.
The family appears on the 1900 New Madrid County, Missouri census, in West Warehouse Township. The census shows William T. Wren, 43, born April 1857, in Indiana, married 20 years, father born in Tennessee, mother born in Indiana, a farmer; Eliza J., 40, born April 1860, in Indiana, married 20 years, given birth to 5 children, 5 children were still living, father born in Indiana, mother born in Tennessee; John, son, 15, born May 1885, in Indiana, farm hand; Arthur, son, 10, born August 1890, in Missouri; Nettie E., daughter, 4, born February 1896, in Missouri; Birdie M., daughter, 11 months, born June 1899, in Missouri; Luther, son, 19, born January 1881, in Indiana, married less than one year, farm hand and Mary, daughter-in-law, 14, born March 1886, in Missouri, married less than one year.
The 1920 New Madrid County, Missouri census shows William T., 62, born in Indiana, father born in Kentucky, mother born in Indiana; wife Sis, 56, born in Indiana, father and mother born in Tennessee and Elbert T., 18, born in Missouri. They were living in Lewis Township.
Eliza died between 1920 and 1930, in New Madrid County.
The 1930 New Madrid County census, Lewis Township, city of Lilbourn, shows William, 76, widowed; Nelia, daughter, 30, divorced; Bertie Wilson, daughter, 28, widowed; Dortha Wilson, granddaughter, 8 and Catherine Wilson, granddaughter, 5 years old.
Children of William T. Wren and Eliza Householder
1. Luther Minus Wren, b. Jan 14, 1881, Evansville, IN; d. Jan 20, 1936, Parma, MO; m. Mary Clark in 1900, New Madrid Co, MO. Mary Clark, b. Mar 1886, MO; d. abt 1925-1926, New Madrid Co, MO. Luther then m. Olga Laurette Shields on Oct 11, 1927 in Lilbourn, MO. Olga Shields, b. June 28, 1891, d. July 18, 1962. Children by Mary Clark included: (1) Myrtle Elizabeth Wren; (2) Charlie L. Wren; (3) Effie Wren; (4) Ivya Dee Wren, d. young; (5) Jessie Lee Wren; (6) Bessie E. Wren; (7) Willie Lorene Wren; (8) Ralph A. Wren and (9) Bernadine Wren. Children by Olga Shields included: (10) Leslie M. Wren
2. John Wren, b. May 1885, IN; m. Neisia ___. Children included: (1) Ruby May Wren; (2) Willie Wren; (3) Bertha Wren and (4) Francis Wren
3. Arthur Wren, b. Aug 12, 1891, MO; d. Aug 20, 1964; bur. Mounds Cem. near New Madrid, MO
4. Nellie E. Wren, b. Feb 1896, MO
5. Bertha M. Wren, b. June 1899, New Madrid Co, MO
6. Elbert T. Wren, b. Feb 23, 1903, Evansville, IN; d. Aug 17, 1992, Malden, MO; bur Mounds Cem, New Madrid Co, MO; m. Mable Roberts. Mable Roberts, b. Jan 15, 1905, Walnut Ridge, AR; d. July 7, 1992, Malden, MO; bur Mounds Cem, New Madrid Co, MO, dau. of Newton Roberts and Minnie ____. Children included: (1) Alice Wren; (2) Ardell Wren; (3) Barbara Wren; (4) Betty Jane Wren; (5) Dolly Wren; (6) Don Wren; (7) James Wren; (8) Joseph Wren; (9) Louise Wren; (10) Shelby Wren; (11) William M. "Billy" Wren, b. Feb 19, 1928, Portageville, MO; d. Oct 12, 1994, Malden, MO; bur. Mounds Cem and (12) Elbert T. Wren, Jr., b. July 7, 1946, Jay Wye, MO; d. Jan 11, 1995; bur. Mounds Cem.