Henry Varner was the son of Adam Varner and Christina R. (last name unknown). (She appears on some IGI records as Christina Rexroad.) Information varies on Henry's date of birth. We believe he was born 1755 to 1768. (Dates provided by other researchers range from 1755 to 1771.)
Henry married Mary (last name unknown) (possibly Nagle or Nagel).
Henry is listed in April 1787, May 1788 and in 1790 on tithables lists in Augusta County, Virginia.
Henry died on or prior to February 14, 1820, in Cumberland County, Kentucky. He left a will (Cumberland Co, KY, Book B, page 127, January-February term 1820), in which he named his wife Mary, daughters Susanna Crytyers, Peggy Cuppenhauer, Elizabeth McCully, Caty Leonard, Polly Varner and Sally Jones, and sons John, Henry, Jacob and George.
Children of Henry Varner and Mary
1. Susanna Varner, m. ______ Crytyers
2. Peggy Varner, m. John Coppenhaver on July 29, 1789, Augusta Co, VA
3. Elizabeth Varner, m. Samuel McCullock on Feb 4, 1793, Augusta Co, VA
4. Catherine "Caty" Varner, d. 1859; m. James Alderman on June 8, 1795, Augusta Co, VA, John Luark in 1801 in Shenandoah, VA, and ______ Leonard prior to 1820
5. Polly Varner
6. Sally Varner, m. _____ Jones
7. John Varner
8. Henry Varner
9. Jacob Varner
10. George Varner