Zachariah Chandler was born about 1776, the son of Zachariah Chandler and Penney (last name unknown).
Zachariah married Rachel Thornhill on June 29, 1791 in Bedford County, Virginia. Rachel Thornhill was the daughter of William Thornhill and Sarah (last name unknown).
Zachariah and Rachel had at least six children. Rachel probably died prior to October 1817.
Zachariah then married Elizabeth Kelly on October 21, 1817 in Caldwell County, Kentucky. Elizabeth Kelly was born about 1784, in South Carolina. Elizabeth was first married to Samuel Boyd and they had several children.
Zachariah and Elizabeth had at least four children. Zachariah died 1837 in Caldwell County, Kentucky. Elizabeth is said to have died in 1859, in Searcy County, Arkansas.
Children of Zachariah Chandler and Rachel Thornhill
1. Rebecca Chandler, m. Joseph Doughty
2. Kesiah Chandler, m. Greenberry Brown
3. Kepa C. Chandler, m. ______ Stallings
4. Lucy Chandler, m. Uriah Pierce
5. Josiah Chandler, m. Polly _____
6. Cella Chandler, m. Peter Sparrow
Children of Zachariah Chandler and Elizabeth Kelly
1. Louisa "Eliza" Chandler, b. abt 1818, KY
2. Amanda Chandler, b. abt 1821, Caldwell Co, KY; m. W. A. Goff before 1837, then m. Crittenden L. Duncan
3. King Solomon Chandler, b. Sept 2, 1823, Caldwell Co, KY; d. Mar 10, 1874, Searcy Co, AR; m. Louisa Jane Stephens on Aug 17, 1842, Caldwell Co, KY; then m. Sarah Adams abt 1849, KY; then m. Minerva Griffin in Dec 1865, AR. One child by Louisa Stephens: Joseph Milton Chandler, b. abt 1846, KY. Five children by Sarah Adams: (1) John B. Chandler, b. abt 1850, m. Emily Caroline Perlina Goff (his 1st cousin - dau. of Jesse GOff and Louisa "Eliza" Chandler) on Jan 7, 1870, Conway Co, AR; (2) Francis Marion Chandler, b. abt 1852, m. Nancy E. Goff (his 1st cousin - dau. of Jesse Goff and Louisa "Eliza" Chandler) on Aug 22, 1875, Van Buren Co, AR; (3) Elizabeth Chandler, b. abt 1854; (4) Dulcena Chandler, b. abt 1857; and (5) Syntha Chandler, b. abt 1860
4. Sally Ann Chandler, b. abt 1827; d. aft 1860; m. Herbert B. Duncan on Sept 30, 1840, Caldwell Co, KY, then m. ______ Smithers abt 1858