Mary Ann Horton was born about 1785, in New York, the daughter of Isaac Horton and Hannah Farris.
The Horton family moved to Virginia about 1800 to 1804. Mary Ann married Perrin M. Wright on January 14, 1805, in Montgomery County, Virginia. Perrin Wright was born about 1784, in Virginia, the son of John E. Wright.
Perrin moved his family to Tennessee prior to about 1808, and settled in Lawrence County, Tennessee, prior to about 1811.
The 1850 Lawrence County census shows Perrin Wright, 66, a farmer with $300 real property; Mary, 60; Perrin, 19; and Elizabeth Allay, 14 years old. Living next door was their son William Bunyun Wright and his family.
Perrin died in 1851, in Lawrence County, Tennessee.
Wayne County, Tennessee Power of Attorney Records, page 3, states: Mary Wright, widow of Perin Wright dec'd and one of the children and heirs of Isaac Horton, dec'd have made Perrin Wright, Jr. of County of Lawrence, state of Tennessee my true and lawful attorney to receive due from the estate of Horton. Dated 30 May 1859. Signed: Mary Wright of Lawrence Co, TN.
Mary Ann died in Lawrence County after 1870.
Children of Perrin Wright and Mary Ann Horton
1. John E. Wright, b. abt 1808, Anderson Co, TN
2. Lorenzo Dow Wright, b. abt 1811, Lawrence Co, TN
3. Asheherzade Wright, b. abt 1814, TN
4. Lavica Wright, b. abt 1819, TN
5. William Bunyun Wright, b. abt 1822, Lawrence Co, TN
6. Martha Wright, b. abt 1830, TN; m. Abner Johnson
7. Perrin M. Wright, Jr., b. abt 1831, Lawrence Co, TN
8. Elizabeth Aillay Wright, b. abt 1836, TN