Benjamin Franklin Paceley was born about 1820, in Hamilton County, Ohio, according to census records. We believe he was the son of Hugh Paceley, Jr.
Benjamin appears on the 1820, 1830 and 1840 Hamilton County census with his parents and siblings.
Benjamin married Elzira Parmer about 1847, in Ohio. Elzira Parmer was born about 1829, in Ohio according to census records.
The 1850 Hamilton County, Ohio census, Green Township, shows Benjamin F. Pasely, 30, an inn keeper, owned real property valued at $1800; Eliza, 22; and James, 2 years old. Living with the family were Elizabeth Walker, 19, born in Ohio; and Andrew J. Parmer, 16, a farmer, born in Ohio. Andrew was Elzira's brother.
The 1860 Hamilton County census, Green Township, shows B. E. Pasely, 38, a farmer, $1500 real property, $275 personal property; Elzira, 30; James, 12; William, 9; Harriet, 2; and Mary, 1 year old.
The family moved to Indiana about 1865. They settled in Spencer County for a time in the 1870's.
We have been told that Benjamin died around 1870, in Spencer County. Elzira died July 2, 1879, in Spencer County.
Children of Benjamin F. Paceley and Elzira Parmer
1. James Paceley, b. abt 1848, Hamilton Co, OH (He appears in Hamilton Co, OH in 1850 & 1860 with his parents and siblings.)
2. William Paceley, b. Feb 26, 1851, Hamilton Co, OH
3. Harriet Ellen Paceley, b. Oct 1, 1857, Hamilton Co, OH
4. Mary Ann Paceley, b. Dec 27,1858, Hamilton Co, OH; m. Abraham V. Herron, b. abt 1847, in England. Children include: (1) Rachel Herron, b. abt 1878, Spencer Co, IN; (2) Grace Herron, b. abt 1879, Spencer Co, IN and (3) Abel Herron (The family appears in Spencer Co, IN in 1880.)
5. Lewis Franklin Paceley, b. Feb 27, 1861, Hamilton Co, OH
6. Horace Edward Paceley, b. Jan 20, 1864, Hamilton Co, OH (our line)
7. Sallie E. Paceley, b. Jan 8, 1866, IN; m. Samuel E. Beeler on Feb 16, 1888, Spencer Co, IN. Samuel Beeler b. abt 1862, IN, son of Jonathan Beeler and Catharine ____.